fraser-surrey docks, surrey, british columbia
The Fraser-Surrey Docks in BC are located on the Fraser River.
The port receives vessels from Asia, Latin America, Australia and Europe. The majority of the seafarers are from the Philippines, India, China and Eastern Europe.
The Port of Hope ministry strategy is simple:
We maximize our ministry effort by
- building strong relationships
on vessels that
- regularly return to our port...
where we face the
- fewest language obstacles
- and least cultural resistance
so we can openly
- serve the practical and spiritual needs of all seafarers,
- present Christ in an appropriate and respectful manner,
- and encourage Christians.
We become their 'Canadian friends' and they expect us to come and visit them. And because these ships are often from larger companies we often meet these men again on a sister ship.
Would you like to become a volunteer chaplain at the Fraser-Surrey Docks in Surrey, BC?
For more information visit our chaplain site at
or call Phil DuFrene at 360-510-5123
...building strong Christian seafarers.